Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Arizona Part 1

Tuesday March 18th, I flew down to Tucson, AZ to visit my great Uncle & Aunt. My layover was in Denver and was only supposed to be about 1 1/2 hours. Due to high winds that morning, all the flights for the rest of the day got delayed. My layover ended up being a little over 3 hours. Oh well! I still got to Tucson that night!

Just a couple pictures from their backyard
A birdhouse that my uncle made. Quite impressive if you ask me! He makes these as a hobby.

Flower pots that he makes also!

His pot of grass that he cuts with a scissors :)

Wednesday night, David and my two cousins, Heather & Andrea flew down from IL.

Breakfast Thursday morning

Thursday we went to the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

If a bat was the size of a human, this is how big their ears would be




Thought this little sitting area was cool. The picture above was taken in it.






I think this is a coati or something like that

Big horn sheep






They had a section of hummingbirds where you walk into a building, and then walk into a closed off section so that they couldn't get out.

We went to a Raptor Free Flight show there. They brought around three different types of birds. The first was a barn owl.


The second was a bird that eats other birds and can go up to 240 mph when flying. He never landed on anything so I don't have any pictures of him.

The last bird, was the thing pictured below. Maybe some type of falcon?? I don't remember....



This was the coolest part! Who would've thought they had dolphins in Arizona?!
JK. That was just a photo they had hanging on a wall in one of the buildings :)

These were garden eels. Every time the fish in the tank went over them they went back down into the sand. Really weird....

Playing SpotIt


No comments: