Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

A Monarch Butterfly

I went out to get a tomato for my turkey sandwich and went back in with no tomato :) 

As I was walking by the flowers to get to the tomatoes, a butterfly flew out of the flowers. So what did I do? I went back inside and got my camera! (betcha David couldn't guess that one ;)

So here she (or he) is!


I wanted to get a picture with its wings out straight, but every time it landed on the flower, its wings would go up together and I could never see the top. I was like, oh, maybe if I click the camera button half way down and it clicks, maybe it will start to fly away and I can get a picture with its wings spread out. Well it would have worked well if I had clicked the button the rest of the way before it flew out of my view :(

And a picture of the flower


2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow, that's really pretty!

dvm2015 said...

I can't even imagine!