Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Buell's

A long time ago On October 10th, my family and I went to Buell's Orchard in Eastford, CT. Columbus Day weekend they have a chicken/hamburg/hot dog cookout.

Here's some pics

This is the very large pumpkin they had there. 

The thing weighs about 10 times more than Carla!


The author of Tractor Mac books was there signing his books. He had a few other things there also. He writes and illustrates them. They are cute books!


You can't go to Buell's without going on a hayride. (Even if you are 20 years old an no one in your family is going to get a pumpkin) :)



Evan suggested he grabs one end, I'll grab the other and we take off so we can use it as firewood. Think anyone would notice? ;)

The best part! And you know what stunk this time? The place where they make these candy apples was closed. We couldn't watch them make them because of too many germs or something :(

My favorite kind

They always have some kind band there, usually jazz or folk music.

This is where they make the apple cider. Pretty soon we probably won't be able to watch that either, because of too many germs.



Mom tried for a decent picture of Carla and I, but she wasn't cooperating. What a surprise!




Those pictures aren't that great of myself, but I at least I was smiling!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Okay so the pumpkin weighs 676 lbs. For some reason I was thinking there was a period between the 67 and the 6 making it 67.6 lbs. I didn't think much of it then but now I guess it doesn't seem like very much. Sam on the other had thought it weighed 2,000 lbs or some crazy number like that, hence the argument we had :)