Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Not your average Monday...

Well....today didn't go as planned, that's for sure!

I got to school and ate my sandwich in my car. Around 12:00 I got out and started walking to class. An announcement came on outside saying, "Get inside and stay away from all doors and windows." They said it twice, so I figured they meant business. Although, no one else seemed to be in a hurry.

 When I got to the building that my class was in, I was walking up the stairs to the second floor, and one of my classmates was coming down and asked me if I had heard the announcement. Yeah I did and I didn't really care to go back outside! :) There were a few of us standing at the end of the hallway (by a window!) since when we got there, all the classroom doors were already shut and locked and then noticed at the other end, there was some more people, so we went over there. From there we could see the top one or two floors and the roof of the building where the guy was.

From what I heard, the guy was dressed in camo pants, a SWAT bullet-proof vest, knee pads, with a sword strapped to his back, caring a full duffel bag, and had a handgun.

While we were watching (we could see a couple police/SWAT people running around with their guns) some more people came over and were standing with us. One of the people was the guy who called 9-1-1. Apparently, the guy was on a city bus from a Taco Bell to school, and no one called the cops! He got off the bus at school and was walking on campus towards James Hall. The person that called 9-1-1 noticed that he had the weird garb on, plus the sword. When he saw the gun he knew something wasn't right. And the rest is history....

Here's a map of where I was compared to James Hall: 
(Click on the image to make it larger)

After we heard that they had gotten the guy (along with 2 others) everyone pretty much booked it out of there. We went out the other end of the building so we were not near the activity. There were a couple cops in the parking garage but no one stopped us from leaving. Those that were in buildings closer to the activity didn't get to leave quite as early and then got stuck in the traffic of everyone trying to leave.

I left around 3 PM. So, basically I went to school to sit in the hallway for 3 hours....fun! Oh well, glad that I'm home safe and no one is hurt (that I'm aware of anyways)!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

So thankful that everyone is ok! oh, and that I wasn't on campus! I think I would've been a wreck!