Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Cape Cod

I was going to do each day by itself but:
#1 our vacation would take days (actually...knowing me probably weeks!) to post
#2 the first day is pretty boring (you will see) :)

So...we left home on Thursday June 28th, got to the center of Ellington and turned around! The hitch was so low that it scraped on almost everything. So Dad and the boys had to change it. Which ended up taking longer than we thought because the ball for the other hitch was not the right size.

the extremely large hitch

and the not so large one :)

And that was day 1 in pictures :)

We got to the house around 8 pm or so that night.

Friday morning we went to Stop & Shop and Ocean State Job Lot. The grocery store was packed, the most packed I've ever seen any grocery store. Friday afternoon, David, Evan, and I went kayaking for about 3 hours (not all of it was paddling though). Our house was on a peninsula that had a piece of land that went across the bottom with an opening to the ocean. We wanted to go out to the ocean so we headed down. Well, where the opening was, we couldn't see it, so we started going back up the other side. And it wasn't just a short ways either! David ended up asking some person in a boat how we got to the opening and he pointed back the way we came :( By that time my arms were so sore and tired from paddling because we were going against the current or something, so I decided I was going to head back. Well, David & Evan decided they wanted to find the opening to the ocean, so we paddled some more and parked our kayaks on the piece of land that went across the bottom of the peninsula. We got out and walked across the beach to find the opening. Along the way we found some neat shells, a dead fish, a fishing lure, and a dead sting ray. We found the opening and then headed back to the house. That night my arms were so sore I didn't even know what to do with them. :)
Here's a few pictures but the setting was off (I forgot to change it before I gave my mom the camera) so they are pretty white.





Mom and Carla had a mini photo shoot near the water, but once again the pictures are very light :)



And a tour of the house:

the backyard

coming in the door from the back patio


Mom & Dad's room

Mine & Carla's room

David & Evan's room

The driveway was lined with hydrangea's 

More to come in a few days ;)

**Note: I guess what Evan found was a horseshoe crab not a sting ray**

No comments: