Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Dried Bananas

We have a slight interruption with the Maine recap. A very exciting interruption! ;)

Last night, for some reason unbeknownst to me, I got the urge to "dry" something. And that lucky something was bananas! Unfortunately we had no bananas in the house so Mom & Dad picked some up on their way home from calling hours.

I sliced the bananas (pretty unevenly) and laid them out on the trays. 
Update: the second time around I used an egg slicer to slice the bananas and it worked amazing! It gives you pretty even slices

Our dehydrator is an older one so there is no temperature setting on it. It just has vents that you can have open all the way or close part way. I closed all the vents partway and left it on all night.

They turned out pretty good and even taste ok! ;) I maybe could've turned it off a little sooner, but now I know for next time!

No comments: