Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Croghan, NY

This past weekend some of our young group spent the weekend in Croghan. We served lunch on Sunday so we all made some cookies/bars and then ordered bread and meat and cheese. 

We met at church at 6:30 PM and were on the road about 6:50. About 20 minutes into the ride, going about 80 mph in the left lane the middle van (we had 3 cars) blew the back right tire. It started smoking and rubber was flying everywhere. I was in the vehicle right behind it so it was all shooting at us. Long story short, we were on the side of the road for 1 1/2 hours and then we had to go get the two back tires replaced because the other was not in that great of shape either! After that was all fixed and good to go we hit the road again. I have pictures but they are on my phone and I have no way of getting them to the computer. I'll just say the tire was pretty shredded! :)

We stopped at a McDonald's around 10:45ish for dinner. By the time our vehicle got to where we were staying and got to bed it was about 2:15 AM. The other van of girls couldn't find where they were staying so they were driving around a little but eventually got there!

Saturday the whole group went to Alexandria Bay and took a boat tour around the 1000 islands. It was very interesting to see some of the older buildings and some of the small islands. Some of them just had a little tree growing on it.








During the morning service 5 of us girls stayed down in the kitchen to prepare for lunch. One of the girls had gotten a text from her sister saying that there was gonna be an announcement in Rockville. We immediately knew that meant there was gonna be an engagement but we didn't know who it was. We spent the morning trying to guess who it was working on the lunch. :) 

We ended up calling in to listen to the end of the service so we could hear who it was. I didn't hear until a little bit later who it was, and at that point I was waitressing and I think I just about dropped the coffee pot when I heard who it was!

It was my good friend that got engaged and I'm in the wedding so I will be kind of busy around here especially once school starts!

Group picture after church. It was raining out so we did it inside.

The girl that is added in this photo is from IL. She rode with us to NY and met some other girls and went on another vacation with them.

We are leaving for vacation on Sunday afternoon. We are staying on an island and we will be the only people on the island! Jealous aren't ya! ;)

No comments: