Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sparkly Pinecones

This is my first DIY ever. And I got the idea from Betsy.

I thought they looked very wintery and looked pretty easy to make! So I picked up some Mod Podge, glitter, and foam brushes (not the greatest choice but they worked) at Michael's when I was out shopping. 

Only problem was we don't have those kind of pinecones in our yard. We just have the long, skinny ones that don't look as good. But, when I got home right outside the breeze way there was a branch with those kind of pinecones on it! Amazing!! Mom had picked up the branch from the side of the driveway. Only thing, the branch fell from a tree in the neighbors yard and the rest are extremely high in the air and I can't reach them :(

A. Mare to the rescue :) I'm getting some more from her.

But anyhow, here's how I did it:



 First, apply some mod podge to the whole pinecone. Then before it dries, sprinkle the glitter over the top. I also did the bottoms, just cause it looked better. 

Then I got some fake snow and put a little in the bottom of a trifle bowl and just put in the pinecones.

They really are sparkly, but you can't tell by looking at the pictures.

If you set it under a light, it really sparkles!

No comments: