Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Train Ride & Grandpa's 80th Birthday Party

I am the worst blogger ever. I am so far behind. Oh well!

We took the train out to Illinois this time. David had flown out before for provings and baptisms of our second cousins. We left the train station in Springfield, MA Thursday June 23rd at 2:45 PM. We got in to Chicago around 12:00 PM on Friday June 24th. We were two hours late, not bad considering it was a train!

Some pics of us on the train

On the way out we wanted to get 5 seats that were together. I didn't notice until after we were settled that we didn't have windows to look out of. On all the cars, the first row of seats have no windows. Bummer!!! I guess that's what music is for :)

Evan was the lucky one who had to sit with other people.

He didn't seem to mind :)

That night at Tremont Fellowship Hall, we had a birthday party for my Grandpa. He turned 80 on June 17th. They waited to have the party because we were coming and my U. Richard & Mariah we coming out too.


The grandkids

David & Caleb Larson (one of our second cousins)

Andrea, Heidi, Heather, Grandma, & Grandpa

The granddaughters

U. Gene & A. Marg. U. Gene is my Grandma Beutel's brother and A. Marg is my Grandpa Gerber's sister. Double relation!

Grandpa & Grandma with U. David & A. Eunice (Grandpa's brother)

Dad & David

U. Dan (Dad's brother) & Dad

Heather, U. Dan, & Andrea

Grandpa & Grandma with their kids.
From left to right: U. Dan, A. Colleen, Grandpa, Grandma, Dad, & U. Richard

Heather, me, & Andrea

They served cookies and punch. A fun evening was had by all!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

looks like yall had a great time. Thanks for posting so many pictures!

Anonymous said...

the party was fun. uncle Dan is weird.why would evan be lucky if he sat with other people.he had fun sitting with people.

Anonymous said...

i ment he didnt have fun.

Andrea said...

Great posts, Heidi! :) I loved watching Evan's explosion, now I want to try it!!!

Heidi B said...

Thanks Andrea! When doing those explosions, make sure you use enough aluminum foil and works toilet cleaner. That was not the first video I took :) :)

zerry ht said...

Train Ride & Grandpa's 80th Birthday Party! The bas just looks outstanding. My grandfather is also turning 70 in next month. I want to host a grand celebration bash for him. So I am going to book a vintage inspired event space San Francisco for the celebrations. If you have any vintage décor ideas, please share here.