Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Race for the Cure

On June 4th, I walked the 4k walk in Hartford for the Race for the Cure.

There was quite a group of us that did it...A. Mare, me, Lydia, Rebekah, Rudy, Susan, Rachel, Rob, Sarah, Seth, Lenny, Deb, Kayla, Ed, Cindy, Brian, Ronnie, Bonnie, Dorothy V., and Brenda Rady. 

We walked for Brenda and Bonnie.

This picture was during the walk...there was so many people. I think I heard the lady say that a total of 12,000 people showed up to do either the walk, the race, or a kids race.

The tribute wall

The new police cars that all towns should definitely have :)

After the walk we rode the carousel...A. Mare riding side saddle :)

We got to ride for free because we walked.

Rebekah

Our team had matching t-shirts. I don't have a picture but they said:
Brenda's Bosom Buddies
Walk for the Cure
(you can kind of see them in the picture above)

Our group raised a total of $1750. The walk was a lot of fun!

No comments: