Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mystery Game

Finally a post without a video! ;) Last week was my spring break...I went to Arizona for a week visiting my great Uncle & Aunt. David, Heather, & Andrea flew down from Illinois. Pictures will be posted at a later date. For now, I'm going to play ketchup catch-up.

Back in January, Leah G had sisters. There was going to be a mystery game but we didn't find out what it was until we got there.

The "mystery game" was similar to the TV show Chopped. You start out with 4 groups and everyone gets a bag with 3 food items in it. With those 3 items you have to make an appetizer. Then the judges get all four appetizers, and judge them on taste, look, and creativity.

I was in the first round. For appetizers, we had crackers, apples, and white chocolate chips. We had 20 minutes to come up with something. This is what I came up with:


Rebecca working on her appetizer

The judges (aka the people who didn't want to have to make food :)

I got knocked out the first round, which was ok with me! I'm not very creative with food especially when it's random things. After I got kicked out, the remaining 3 groups had prepare a dinner with the 3 items in the new bags.


Then another group got "chopped" and only 2 groups were left. They had to make a dessert and then the winner was picked. The two desserts:


This was the next round since there were too many people to only do it once.
Appetizers

Preparing the dinner



That day was also Janelle's 16th birthday so they had a cake for her

No comments: