Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

IL

Schools over and so is my first trip! No worries, I've got another one coming up this weekend :)

This is pretty much all writing cause I didn't take many photos this trip. :O To see photos hop over here.

I flew out to IL on Friday from Boston Airport. Mom and Dad drove me to the airport and then just came home. When I was waiting in Boston, the ladies at the desk said if anyone wanted to put their luggage under, they would do it for free. I thought "Why not?!" Then I wouldn't have to carry it during my layover, so under it went! 

I had less than an hour layover in Detroit, MI. I even found my plane before it took off without me (this was my first time flying by myself)! ;) I landed in Peoria around 4 PM their time. I went down to baggage claim and met David and Anna there. The luggage started coming through and pretty soon the luggage that no one had claimed was coming through again! My luggage wasn't there :( Long story short, ;) the airport people dropped my luggage off at my Grandparents house the next morning around 8:45. Friday night I went to potluck with my Grandparents and David in a bright green t-shirt with Cape Cod written on it :) oh well....

Saturday after breakfast, I went with my Grandpa, 4 cousins, and David picking wildflowers. My Grandpa has a tradition with the grandkids to go pick wildflowers, make bouquets, and give them to my grandma, aunt, and then put some on the graves of his mom, sister, daughters, etc. I don't have any of picking the flowers, but I do have a few of the bouquets.

These ones are all set and ready to go to the graves

The bouquets for my aunt and my grandma

A lilac from the bush around my grandparents house. I think it is really pretty because of the white outline around the edge of flower


Saturday for lunch we met up with my uncle and 2 cousins. We ate at the Pizza Ranch. It's a pizza buffet and then you can order other food (i think) and it was awesome! They had dessert pizzas too, but I was too full to have any :)

After lunch, we headed to Gordyville. My favorite flea market ever! ;) We got a couple things there and then headed to David's apartment. We loaded up his clothes into his car, went to Steak and Shake for dinner, and then went to his friends for the evening.

Sunday morning we went out to breakfast with my great uncle and aunt and my uncle. After church on Sunday, we headed for Junction, OH and stayed with friends overnight. Monday we drove 3 hours to Rittman area and visited a few people. Monday night we stayed with friends again and drove the rest of the way home on Tuesday.

It was an awesome trip!

No comments: